Friday, April 10, 2009

How Deep the Father's Love for Us

How Deep the Father's Love for Us
Written by Stuart Townend

How deep the Father's love for us, how vast beyond all measureThat he should give his only son, to make a wretch his treasureHow great the pain of searing loss, the Father turned his face awayAs wounds which mar the chosen one, bring many sons to glory

Behold the man upon a cross, my sin upon his shouldersAshamed, I hear my mocking voice call out among the scoffersIt was my sin that held him there until it was accomplishedHis dying breath has brought me life; I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything: no gifts, no power, no wisdomBut I will boast in Jesus Christ; his death and resurrectionWhy should I gain from his reward? I cannot give an answerBut this I know with all my heart: his wounds have paid my ransom

© 1995 Kingsway's Thankyou Music
CCLI #1596342

4 comments:

Angela Natel said...

Jesus is alive! Praise be to God!
Que a vida dEle seja refletida em nossas vidas, e Suas palavras impressas em nossos corações, porque páscoa é a festa da libertação - não temos nada além dEle, deixamos tudo para trás. Somos livres.

Babi Mello said...

Jesus die for us and unfornatally the people don´t see that. It´s shame!
We need to pray everyday and ask for God to forgive us for every violence, hungry, hate between people. We must love more and help us.
I need to pratice more my english.
Bye

Lúcia said...

Feliz Páscoa!
Graças a Cristo podemos celebrar a vida!
Bjo

Chris said...

Jesus e o nosso maior exemplo de amor, e e isso que devemos seguir, amar e respeitar o proximo!

bjao