Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sweet

Last night, I had my sweetest dream in years…
I’m, in no way, saying or even thinking I’m as smart as, or as good artist as Leonardo da Vinci (tough I try my best with the art of photography), but he probably agrees with me that flying is the most enjoyable, fun, pleasant sensation one could have.
He even stated:

"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards."
(Leonardo da Vinci)

Well, I dreamed with a girl…
In my dream, I was in an internet café in a small airport. I was surfing the net, and so was this girl in the computer next to mine. In front of our computers, there was this big window, so we could watch the air traffic.
The airport wasn’t too busy, but, suddenly, we heard the sound of a helicopter. Both of us started looking out the window.

When the chopper was finally visible, the girl looked at me and said:
- I’m not sure, but I think that is an MD 16…
I corrected her:
- You forgot the 0! It’s an MD 160!
Pause!
MD does make choppers, I just don’t know if MD 16 or MD 160 are models that really exists…
Back to topic!
As the chopper approached, I noticed it belonged to a flying school (don’t ask me how I noticed it; don’t forget this is a dream).
They were practicing hovering, approach and landing. The student pilot was having a hard time keeping control of the aircraft, due to ground effect.
Pause!
Ground effect- The wing blows air downwards; the air hits the ground and bounces, hitting the wing and pushing the aircraft upwards, causing it to become unstable.
I know it is very hard to keep control of the chopper close to the ground, because in March 2007, I myself, Captain Forr, took a half hour experimental flying lesson at Bighorn Helicopters Flying School.

Captain Forr at the captain's seat.

Look! I'm flying!

I and my co-pilot (instructor)
All pictures were made by "Bagual"
Back to topic!
Well, the sweet girl of my sweet dream tried explaining to me how hard it was hovering and landing with a chopper, telling me she had taken an experimental lesson and felt it herself.
Of course I told her about my experience too.
Sometimes I wish I would never wake up!
Well, if I were esquizofrenic, she would certainly be my girlfriend... forever!
Captain Forr

No comments: